Wind Farm Asset Management
We help owners ensure that they maximise the return on their investment through our approach to asset management, where every action is considered in light of the impact on availability of core equipment that transports generated energy to grid.
Achieving maximum asset availability while trying to balance OPEX against long term asset risk is a challenge. Add to this the drive to minimise offshore transfers for safety and environmental reasons, and it becomes quickly apparent that running offshore wind assets is not for the faint hearted.
There are factors questions the asset manager needs to consider:
- How do often do inspection and maintenance regimes need to take place without becoming a tick box exercise?
- What’s my strategic spares strategy and how often does it get reviewed?
- How do I best make sense of the ever-growing number of data streams generated by the assets?
EDS have a proven track record in delivering integrated solutions that maximise network availability. We bring strategic thinking to the management of your asset and develop a comprehensive maintenance & inspection programme that includes the high voltage network, ancillary systems (e.g. HVAC, cranes, lighting systems, diesel generators) and structural integrity (e.g. topside corrosion inspections, subsea surveys, cathodic protection) diesel generator inspections.
We take the headache away by managing the supply chain, through the application of robust vetting and approval processes and supported by a thorough approach to 3rd party induction and sensible monitoring.
This flexibility in our approach helps our clients maintain control over costs – allowing more to be achieved while risking less.
Service package description
- Development of asset Management strategies
- Planned, corrective maintenance
- 24/7 Control Centre – system monitoring and control
- HV safe system of work
- HV maintenance and
- Emergency call-outs, supported by 24/7 operational engineer standby regime
- Transmission Operator interface management
- HSE walkarounds and investigations
- Fixed planned operational activities
- Fault investigation and diagnostics
- Developing long term asset maintenance strategies to maximise network availability
More than stories
Keep up to date with everything that's happening at EDS.
Our commitment is to help you to deliver the highest standards in safety at site level.
Prepare to Repair - EDS and Boskalis
Choose our Cable Integrity Solutions and we estimate that your cable repair could be completed up to 70% faster.
From design through to connection, testing, commissioning and operations, EDS HV provide clients with a high quality solution as their partner of choice.