We're Hiring - Operations Manager - Subsea
Operations Manager - Subsea
Location: Home Based
Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: 08/05/2019
EDS’s portfolio of wind farms continues to expand as we work towards our goal of being the leading independent offshore OFTO Operations and Maintenance service provider. For this reason, we are looking for an OFTO Operations Manager - Subsea to join us on a permanent basis. You will be joining an ambitious organisation where creative thinking and innovation are encouraged, whilst ensuring a continuous focus on quality in everything we do. The candidate will manage the day to day activities across EDS HVM established OFTO portfolio, ensuring good industry practice is achieved, with a best in class for subsea operational performance
To manage the day to day activities across EDS HVM established OFTO portfolio, ensuring good industry practice is achieved, with a best in class for operational performance.
Be the centre of excellence for subsea operations and maintenance within the business, and the industry sector, providing support into to other areas of the EDS Group in pursuit of their business objectives.
• Execute the Asset Management Plan for the OFTO Subsea Assets, achieving above target Availability throughout their life.
• Develop the Operation and Maintenance (O&M) team, associated business systems and working practices to deliver an efficient operations and maintenance regime including safety management systems.
• Develop and manage the supply chain with support from the Commercial Manager and procurement team such that the O&M services are delivered efficiently, safely and competently.
• Develop the EDS O&M capability as best in class
• Responsible for OFTO KPI’s to ensure operations and maintenance activities are delivered on time, to the correct standards and within budget.
• Promote and encourage a culture that aligns with and actively supports the EDS company values.
• Develop and maintain proactive and positive relationships with all key stakeholders within EDS and across the wider EDS Group.
• Effectively lead, direct, support and encourage the Operations team’s contribution to departmental and organisational objectives.
• Ensure that the EDS contractual obligations with third parties, in respect of O&M, are delivered to at least the expectation of the contract.
• Create, develop and improve the EDS Supply Chain delivering Subsea Asset related services (including Maintenance and support) through the production of technical specifications, technical competence assessment and delivery performance.
• Manage the lifecycle of OFTO subsea asset Geographic Information System (GIS) data, drawings and documents to ensure correct and timely delivery of planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks. This includes management of information on site and the EDS Asset Database and Document Management System to ensure that all asset data is maintained, and lifecycle data is added (e.g. condition assessment, maintenance records)
• Participate in the Asset Health Review at least annually and contribute to a report on asset health to each OFTO business
• Provide support to the OFTO in the event of a major incident.
• In conjunction with the OFTO General Manager, take responsibility for meeting agreed business performance targets, controls and operating costs; achieving investment plans, managing risk effectively and delivering all agreed outputs, within the agreed economic and safety regulatory framework.
• In conjunction with the OFTO General Manager, deliver the necessary timely and pertinent reports, including budgets and forecasts of regulatory out performance, profitability, operational performance and cash flow of the asset unit, demonstrating delivery of improvements in costs, commercial operating and safety standards.
• Identify, develop and maintain a positive employee culture through effective communication processes and implementation of HR policies that encourage and reward appropriate behaviours and performance.
• Develop and grow the OFTO business in line with the business strategic plan.
• Provide support to the technical services manager in the development of the cable monitoring strategy, introducing subsea expertise.
• Experience of developing and managing teams and sub-contractors
• Budget management and planning experience
• Tertiary Education at a technical level (e.g. HNC, HND, Degree, MSc or PhD) - a qualified specialist in a suitable subsea discipline (marine science or engineering) with, or working towards, professional membership or accredited status
• In depth experience and technical knowledge of the subsea element of offshore assets or can demonstrate a high degree of technical competence within their field of experience
• High degree of technical knowledge and analytical skills required to deliver a world class management performance of subsea structures and export cables
• Highly competent in IT with some understanding of software for reviewing inspection and survey solutions, analytical results and spreadsheets - by nature a problem solver for others
• Comprehensive understanding of the role of the OFTO in the energy generation and transmission process
• High degree of integrity and a flexible approach to achieving objectives through others and by influencing others
• Commercially aware and profit-orientated with contractual experience
• Completer-finisher by inclination and with a genuine interest in problem solving
• Hands-on knowledge of offshore energy engineering operations and project management
• Polished communicator, orally and in writing – evidence of client facing skills and experience, able to demonstrate the gravitas, credibility and motivational panache to drive change and influence/form opinions in others through the clarity of thinking demonstrated - able and willing to take difficult decisions and carry the argument
• Confident presenter
• Organised, meticulous and with a keen eye for detail and future issues and planning skills to overcome them
• Effective communicator across roles and disciplines
• Full UK driving license.
• Experience within the energy and transmission industries, preferably within the UK or can demonstrate working within highly regulated, procedure driven controlled environments
• Offshore survival and medical certificates – (GWO Basic Safety Training Course qualified)
Apply now: https://www.edshv.com/jobs/