We`re Hiring - Contract Specialist
We`re Hiring - Contract Specialist
Expiry date: 17:30, 23 December 2019
Job Title: Contract Specialist EDS HVM
Looking for your next career move?
EDS’s portfolio of wind farms continues to expand as we work towards our goal of being the leading independent offshore high voltage service provider. For this reason, we are looking for a Contract Specialist to join us on a permanent basis. You will be joining an ambitious organisation where creative thinking and innovation are encouraged, whilst ensuring continuous focus on quality in everything we do. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in taking the lead in defining and implementing commercial governance processes in a dynamic environment. They will possess strong commercial awareness, strong client liaison skills, project management skills and keen attention to detail.
As we serve clients across Europe and beyond, willingness to travel for client meetings is essential.
As our Contract Specialist you will be responsible for helping the business ensure that commercial risks are managed, and opportunities maximised throughout the contract life-cycle. This will include involvement in initial bid/no bid decisions right through to contract close-out. You will take the lead in the implementation of commercial governance processes across the business, providing support to the Business Development Director, Operations Director and the Operational Departments Heads.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Review and consult on contractual agreements in collaboration with other EDS employees, to ensure client’s requirements are met for the following services:
- High Voltage Asset Management and Maintenance
- Fault Location and Repair
- Subsea Cable Testing Services
- High Voltage Cable Terminations
- Engineering Consultancy
- Provide support for bid/ no bid decisions taking into consideration the commercial risks and opportunities
- Review contractual proposals and hold responsibility for commercial sign off within authority limits.
- Provide first pass legal review of contracts to ensure alignment with group legal policy and consult with group legal when additional support is required.
- Be the central point of Liaison with the James Fisher Group Legal team for the business and ensure that knowledge of legal best practice is promoted within the EDS team to improve company competence.
- Work with the Tendering team to ensure that contract costing and pricing aligns with the business targets and that breakdowns of expected revenue, gross margin, notable legal and financial risks are provided to the business.
- Management of company contracts register.
- Assist project managers with putting in place any major sub-contracts or purchase orders and ensure service agreements terms and conditions reflect risk.
- Facilitate the contract handover process between the Business Development and Operations team.
- Provide support and advice to the project managers including attending contract commercial meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
- Degree qualified in either Finance, Business or Engineer related subject.
- 3 years plus relevant experience in renewables, oil and gas or other energy related industries
- High level of Understanding for both Services & Markets
- Sound Commercial Knowledge
- Good Leadership Skills
- Valid Driving License
- Valid Passport
- Previous knowledge of electrical systems
- Previous knowledge of renewable industry
- Basic level of understanding for related tasks (e.g. Installation and/or termination of Cable)
Apply now via: https://app.vacancy-filler.co.uk/salescrm/Careers/CareersPage.aspx?e=LMo8nnTwYNb9jRJfRh0fAKZa-3hrp8fLfrB89-UrjM_bCXTzVODNf8_gi7rdbuTk_F2N9HlBrCE&iframe=True&iframe=false&hidecareerslink=true
James Fisher and Sons plc and all subsidiary businesses are committed to creating a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. For further information on the James Fisher group please visit.